Monday, March 14, 2011

Miss Moss

Remember the amazingly beautiful and talented Kat from Lush Cakery? I blogged about her when we went to her gorgeous wedding in November... One night at GNI, she mentioned wanting to get these moss initial letters off Etsy for her wedding... after she told me how much they were I BEGGED her to let me help her so we can tackle the craft together! I had never done it before but I was DETERMINED to help save a bride some cash! (Plus, who doesn't like a good DIY project??!)

Unfortunately, the night we did the letters on my living room floor, we failed to take step by step pictures- and you probably wouldn't have wanted them anyway! We were just guessing and gluing {and making a massive mess along the way!}... I must say... We did a pretty good job... look for yourself in this month's Atlanta Wedding magazine...!


Here are some more pictures...

SO cute and SIMPLE! 

Love it. So cute. 

 The moss letters were on the chapel doors. Simply precious. It was the perfect touch to their wedding! 

This craft is so easy I'm almost embarrassed to type captions. All you need to know is cut moss, glue on letter. Done and done. 

Moss Letters

You will need: 

Cardboard Letter (size is up to you)- found in most craft stores. Ours are from Joann ($3.99 1/2 off coupon so $2)
Glue Gun + Glue Sticks (had at home)
Moss Sheets-also found in most craft stores. Ours are from Joann ($4.99- but I got for 1/2 off with a coupon!) 
Ribbon for the top- your choice of fabric/color/texture (had at home)





"Guesstimate" the size to cut so your letter fits on the moss sheet




Before we go on... I just have to show you where I'm crafting from... HOW awesome is this view... you think I could stay cooped up inside in 74 degrees??? HA! 


Ok, moving on! Cut slits in the curves/nooks of the moss so it'll be easy to bend (an Xacto knife would be great to use!) 


Glue the sheet onto the letter... put pressure on to help it stick





It's starting to take shape and look greeeeat... right? 


DO NOT worry about imperfections or coming short on some corners. The great thing about moss is using scraps to fit and fill in the gaps... Super easy and you can't even tell! 


Seriously, that's that... that is ALL you have to do!! 




I feel like I should be on Sesame Street...brought to you by the letter "A" !

EASY PEASY! Now go customize your front door and welcome Spring with a fresh moss letter!!!

If you want something more "fresh" and 'wow factor' check out my step-by-step lemon wreath tutorial!




Linking up to the normal parties! Go check them out!
Visit thecsiproject.com

23 comments:

  1. Love it. Simply yet so cute and trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They came out great. I love the idea. Perfect for a spring wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO stinking cute. My WP and I are definitely going to be doing this ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love these! my bff is getting married in july and mentioned wanting these for the church doors. i may just have to surprise her!
    just found your blog and love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Those are amazing. Hope to see you over at DIY Home Sweet Home. I am having a link party today and every Monday so be sure to stop by and see all of the great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun play on words for my little family! I'm going to incorporate these into my house since my last name is...well, Moss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea and LOVE your closing - "Brought to you by the letter A"... too cute =)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Might need to make one for my front door! Thanks missy! :)-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! You beat me to figuring out how to make them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is FABULOUS!!!! What a great idea! I love that the letters are green and all earthy! I painted letters with craft paint to use in my wedding photos but totally would have done this if I had known this was possible! FANTASTIC! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just found your blog from the comment you left on mine! Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your blog, too! You have all kinds of awesome stuff on here! I'm seriously loving those letters. Curse this little tiny town...the nearest Joann's is 3 1/2 hours away! *sniff sniff* I'm totally a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw a picture of those just the other day and fell in love!! So glad you figured out how to do them so when I attempt one day, I'll have a guide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute and completely perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am TOTALLY doing this!!! You did an amazing job! I just took down my winter wreath and my door is bare...need something springy...this is perfect! Glad I found your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that! So exciting and fabulous! Love the punch of green in the photos. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! I've been planning my wedding since like.. age 5 so this is definitely going into the inspiration folder! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love this! How sweet! I would love for you to stop by and link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party (it lasts all week)!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so cute! I love your ideas, in fact I picked up a guady mirror the other day for 15 dollars. I can't wait to redo it. By the way I have been a lurker for so long and finally created a blog, please check me out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That turned out great! Terrific craft area too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these! I can't believe how easy it is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO beautiful. This is the second post this week I have seen using that moss sheet...where has it been my whole life.

    I love this. It would look gorgeous hanging on a front door.

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  22. This caught my eye because KP is MY INITIALS! ;)

    Thank you for this tutorial...I bookmarked it and am going to try this myself.

    I really like mossy stuff. I agree with the above poster...thinking about my front door.

    Kristine

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm in love. Totally going to make a big M for my spring mantle.

    ReplyDelete