Friday, January 28, 2011

Conversation Centerpiece

And all you need is:
Conversation Hearts
A Vase
A SMALLER vase that fits in the larger one with enough space (half an inch) to create a wall of hearts- Preferably the same height as the outer vase
    THAT'S IT! Oh, and amazing flowers your love picks you up :)

    I originally used the vase you see above in the picture because I broke my OTHER vase I usually use and really had a bee in my bonnet to just GET THIS THING STARTED...but...I decided the shape of the bottom of the red vase rounded too much (meaning more hearts being used as filler...) So, I was resourceful, just like YOU can be!
    Yep, I used a candle that was on it's last limb. The straight down shape worked PERFECTLY. and it was the perfect height.

    The flowers in the candle jar :)

    (Filling the small vase with water first is pretty important, because if you did what I did before the tutorial pics, you will spill water all over your hearts while filling the smaller vase at the end. and you will get soggy hearts. Like this:
    upper right: soaking. sad. words 'melted' off haha


    Side Note: I tried to put all the sassy negative hearts facing the inside. I didn't want to see "YOU WISH!" on my hearts :) I like all the "CALL ME" ones showing!

    I'd love to see a picture if you try this! It is SO ridiculously easy! AND AWESOME!




    Linking up to:

    Passionately Artistic
                                                                         I Heart Naptime

    16 comments:

    1. Ahhhh!!! Soooo creative and cute!!! I will totally do this!

      ReplyDelete
    2. you are brilliant and I am DEFINITELY doing this!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh my goodness. I like this so much I just slapped my dog (I thought that was better than slapping my grandma)! Thanks for sharing. I'm definitely going to have to use this as my Vday centerpiece.

      ReplyDelete
    4. oh this is so cute.
      thank you so much for participating in the linking party :)
      Maggie

      http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/02/fun-ideas-for-valentine-day-2011be.html

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you ladies! It is by far my favorite project!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I looove this cute vase filler idea! I wish I had a reason to use it! Downfall of going out on V-day...you can't set up a pretty table!

      Visiting from Sundae Scoop! :D

      ReplyDelete
    7. So cute!! I'd love to see you over at my linky party :) http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

      ReplyDelete
    8. This is such a pretty centerpiece!

      I would love for you to link to my Virtual Valetine's Day Party and share this great idea.

      http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2011/02/welcome-virtual-valentines-day-party.html

      ReplyDelete
    9. Super cute! I love carnations when they are on their own like that! Plus they are cheap! I may copy you!!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Thanks for linking up!! I just love this! http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

      ReplyDelete
    11. I'm sharing this cute idea on my blog today :)

      ReplyDelete
    12. so cute, i wish i'd seen this before Vday!

      ReplyDelete