Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hello Again...

First off...

In this hard time, I had every single one of my loyal followers stick with me and allow me to take some time off to get my bearings right again... I have never been a "follower counter" so I don't know the exact number, but I'm pretty sure not a single person unfollowed me while I took some much needed time off. So, thank you. Thank you for the flood of encouraging e-mails, messages, texts, etc to let me know my blog posts are missed {who knew anyone read this??!}

I will work on an update post later but for now... let's think of happy things. Things like:


Or did you already forget?! Yep, in all of the craziness of Bandit being gone {yes, the boy is still missing}, and all the other chaos- I kind of put the joy of the engagement on the back burner- well, not anymore. I finally put my big girl pants {don't like the other word, haha} and planned a pretty stinking fun engagement party! I can't wait to share some details with you!


I did the invites myself- they were a play on some I found online but couldn't have shipped in time- so, I created it in PowerPoint all by myself and they turned out GREAT {in my humble opinion}! I absolutely love the limited edition garden stamps. I wanted to buy a ton for the wedding but none of the post offices had enough!


The whole party was DIY. I wouldn't have it any other way since I'm so picky! Here are some of the projects:

Mason Jars + Burlap + Flowers

Tea Stained Doilies 
Moss Letters {just like Kat's}
Doily Banner
14 ft Burlap Ruffled Runner

Enough words... here is how it all came together!!




My step-mom sewed these chair covers and I made the burlap bows

The dessert stations (before dessert!) 

Our cups for the night! 

The food table before the food arrived

the menu!!! Delicious BBQ catered from Cue BBQ

the chalkboard propped up by the drink station 


I loved this idea on Pinterest and did my own- we each wrote lists of things we like about the other. "She" = his list about me, "he" = my list about him :) 



the adorable mason jars with tags
since everyone had a mason jar- the tags made sure they didn't pick up the wrong one! 





Party Favors: Banana Pudding & Strawberry Shortcake w/ our pictures on top
A little detail :) 

the spoons were tied on with a spoon

Strawberry shortcake

the 3 different pictures to choose from 
I don't won't to bog down this one post with pictures but be prepared for more details to come! I was too busy being a "host", so these are all the pictures from my sister's camera- Ordy's mom has the rest and I can't wait to upload those! 


The ONE picture I got of my groom! 

 


16 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! Missed you! What a fabulous party!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is a seriously adorable party!! I'm so impressed with your party throwing skills. ;) Can't WAIT to see how amazing the wedding will be!
    So glad you're back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! It was fun to throw :) I'm excited to plan the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really glad you are back. Great party ideas!! I love mason jars. They look so cute with the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your back! your party looked beautiful! i love all your diy decor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is GORGEOUS!! And welcome back my dear....you've been missed around these parts :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your party turned out fabulous. Thank you for sharing. If you get a chance I would love you to link your party ideas up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are ridiculously cute and talented. Your party is probably cuter than my wedding will be, HAHA! But really- great job!! Definitely inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are back! What an amazing party and all of the details were incredible. You have a great eye for design and I am so excited to see what you do with the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful party! You did an AWESOME job with the decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks again for linking up to Think Pink Sundays Joon!! I featured you today in my Crush of the Week post! http://www.flamingotoes.com/2011/08/crush-of-the-week-think-pink-features-18/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! You did an amazing job :) Where was the party at? Are you doing a DYI reception also?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your engagement!

    Where did you find the adorable Mr. and Mrs. ribbon? Would you mind sending me a quick e-mail with the source?

    ReplyDelete