Thursday, June 30, 2011

Missing: Best Friend

I don't even know how to begin this post. I feel like I need to write it as a release of some sort, since that's what this blog is for... I doubt this will be cathartic or any bit of relief for me since somewhere out there, my best friend still roams.

Baby Bandit

While Ordy and I were enjoying ourselves in the Caymans this past week, Bandit managed to dig his way out of the yard and get out Friday night. We flew home Saturday- a day too late. I heard the news Friday night and was in a state of shock and disbelief, knowing surely he'd be home before I even had to worry about it by Saturday. When we landed and heard he was still not found, panic set in. Here's the story here.

Bandit is my everything. He rode shot gun with me everywhere. We ran every single errand together. He was an additional limb to my body. If you invited me, you would expect Bandit- because that's how we roll. In the fall and spring time I would take him to my restaurant job and leave my hatch open for him under the shade of a tree and sneak out to feed him rack of lamb bones that the customers would leave behind. He was spoiled. And this pampered pooch riding shot gun began at a very young age....

Here we are... 3 months old taking a nap in daddy's truck... 

then. 


"now"



he loved to touch me. always be near me.






happy family, nudging his way in


he would curl up better than most cats i know... 

my love for him grew by the minute- just like his head. 



He let me do WHATEVER I WANTED to him. Dress him. Paint his nails. Hot Pink. 
ready for church, Easter Sunday

Bandit in Burberry




being a good boy and letting them air dry :)




He was always my puppy, my baby. 2? Doesn't matter. BABY. 






I intentionally have an ottoman instead of a chair in my office because he likes to come up and sit with me while I study. He has to be near me... 




Even when I go to use the restroom... he'd follow me (nudge his way with his big basketball head) and sit in the tub waiting for me... TMI but EVERY TIME. He was too big to figure out how to turn around in the tub so he'd just stare in the corner until I was done, then he would follow me out. This is where he would stay when I straightened my hair. 




It was almost an unhealthy obsession... I looked forward to seeing him after a day of school and just sitting with him loving on him. The minute I met him I loved him and it never died. Not one bit.

he would let me dance with him, he'd never bite me or whine. just do whatever. 


If you followed me on twitter, you would know most of my tweets are about Ordy and Bandit. All pictures too. My boys.

He is so good with children. So gentle and sweet with my baby niece. She used to climb all over him.


His look here breaks my heart. doesn't even care about the kids terrorizing him. so patient. 

He was a gentle giant. Still is. 

This poor boy, who only knows of air conditioning and comfy beds is out there lost, and probably terrified. He needs his mommy. I wake up and look for him, screaming his name around the area all day. It's become my job- only a 14 hour shift one with no pay... I can't sit still, I fear I might miss him when he might come out in front of me.



I can't stop crying. Everything reminds me of him. I hate being home. It's so lonely. No one here to protect me or bark at the mail man. I need him back. I beg you, please pray for his return. It's coming up on day 6 and I am just devastated. I don't eat, I hardly sleep- I get chest pains and will hyperventilate having a panic attack having nightmares that he's in danger. I'm writing this as I sob and the tears fall down my face onto my laptop keys. I've never felt this pain. I've never had anyone near me die, but I'm thinking this hollow emptiness in your heart and the gut-wrenching feeling is comparable. I am not undermining death by comparing it with losing a dog, but part of me died when I heard he was missing Friday night. I refused to believe it. I was sure he'd be back after he was done playing and enjoying his freedom. I was sure he'd come to my voice Saturday night. 4 hours later nothing.

I need him to make this year's Christmas Card. I need him to protect me. I need him to cuddle with me. I need him.



Here's where you come in. I need prayer. I need lots of it. I need an extra set of eyes in the Austell area. I need help. I need you to pray for peace, comfort, understanding, and perseverance. I REALLY want you to pray for the little guy, out on his own wandering around for his mommy. Every sighting has been someone saying they tried to get him and prevent him from running on the busy street but he looks scared and won't go to anyone. I am trying to make myself available, 14 hours a day but I don't know what else to do. Please pray for us. I really don't know what I would do if I never got to hug him and look into those sweet brown eyes again. He was supposed to be in our engagement photos, let's pray he still will...




***Added... a normal night of loving on my bambam... only caught by my best friend, Matt. Who thought it would be funny to forward it to my sister and friends showing how "gross" I was for kissing my dog... At least I can never say, "I wish I loved on him more..." or, "I wish I hugged him more..." He was more loved than most pets are in their lifetime. 



29 comments:

  1. I am so sorry he still hasn't returned! I will definitely pray for you! At least some people have spotted him... that is at least a good sign. I HOPE he comes home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lost our dog for a day and I didn't think I was going to make it, I totally understand your feelings. I have been tweeting and facebooking in hopes you'll find him soon. I'll pray for you all for a safe return and SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I'm soooooo incredible sorry to be reading this!!! How heartbreaking! I will be praying for your sweet puppy love's return!! I'm in tears as I read this! I just can't imagine what I would do if my Duke was missing, and I've only had the pleasure of loving him and being his mommy for 1month! I am praying that God keep sweet Bandit safe and return him to his rightful place: your arms!!! <3 <3 xoxoxoxoxo


    http://sweetsongbirdofmine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone.. It's hard to hang in there but I know God is big and he is in control. Tomorrow is a new day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG. This made me cry. I can't even imagine the feeling of having my Asher pup go missing. Praying for you and Bandit. Have you tried putting something up on craigslist? Good luck. I'm sure he'll make his way home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you! I sure hope you find him.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm bawling reading this!! Sobbing for you. This is my worst nightmare!

    Praying and praying and praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't give up on him. Last summer my dog ran away and she was gone for 2 months but I got her back. Most people give up looking too soon, keep hanging flyers and posting on craigslist and you will get him back.

    You can read Whitney's story here.
    http://www.thekraftywife.com/2010/09/whitneys-story-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so feel your pain! This happened to me two weekends ago and I was devastated. He was at the pound so it had a happy ending. I'll be praying for his safe return! Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry you are going through this!
    I have a four legged best friend also and I would probably feel the same way as you described.
    I will be praying for Bandits safe journey back home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear. I've been there and it is heartbreaking.

    This might sound kind of crazy and extreme but desperate times, right? I read an article where a woman walked barefoot from the place her dog was last seen to her home & her dog followed her scent. He was back home in a couple of days after she did. Not sure how far you would want to walk barefoot but I know how powerless losing you beloved can be.

    I would have totally walked barefoot for miles to have found my CJ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found your blog through Pinterst. My heart aches for you. I do pray he finds his way back to you. Keep checking pound and ask about any other organizations that may care for found animals. A lab rescue group in your area?

    ReplyDelete
  13. As this made me cry. I will pray. Wish I could do more. Posted on my own blog asking my Atlantans buds to keep their eyes peeled. No feedback yet but I am hopeful for Bandit! I don't know if you have the link I sent to findtoto.com but maybe if you haven't yet it would be one more thing that could help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry. I could NOT stop crying as I read this blog. I could not imagine losing either of my babies (granted one is so afraid of going outside--I doubt that will ever happen). Praying, and hoping, and thinking.

    Dogs are tougher than we think (especially after we spoil them rotten)...He will be back soon with tons of kisses and hugs for his momma!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of course I will pray for you. I know you probably feel like it's the end of the world, but just try to stay strong and be positive. He is a dog and has instincts so he will be ok until he gets back. I wish I could be there to help you look for him but I can't so for now I will just pray for you. I am looking forward to the next post that will read "My baby's back" GOD Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so sad....I will keep my fingers crossed Bandit makes it home safely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry to hear about your Bandit, I can't even imagine what you are going through. Although I have never met you, I absolutely love your blog and just wanted to let you know the there is one more prayer out there that you will find your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry that your Bandit had taken a mini-vaycay :( He and you are in my thoughts and prayers and I just know he'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i know you've been missing him for a little while now but i'm just catching up on your blog. oh, friend my heart aches for you! i wish i could do something more but i will def. be praying that he comes home soon!!!! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been checking your blog everyday hoping Bandit is back.......keep your chin up & I will keep praying for his safe return.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did Bandit have a chip? Do you call all Animal Control places within a 50 mile radius? I read that somewhere, to do. I hope he comes home, please let him get home!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So, so, so sad to read this!!! :_-(
    Kev and I will definitely be praying for you guys and Bandit.
    I wish we were closer- I really want to help you look for him and shower you with hugs!

    Keep us posted and keep the faith,
    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  23. i miss you in blog world...and in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sorry! I just came back from vacation and I thought my cat was missing for about 8 hours, I cried 3 times and was absolutely sick. Just thinking of it makes me want to cry all over again. Luckily everything turned up all right I hope the same for you. You probably are already doing this but check out your local shelters (in my state they hold strays for 3 days before they are the shelters property) and check petharbor.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I keep checking your blog daily to see if he has been found. I truly hope the best for you and want to encourage you not to give up. If you really have faith in your prayers, they will be answered.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so sad for you... i am gonna keep checking back to see if he comes back, they usually do... stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there, new to your blog. I noticed that it's been so long since you posted this. I hope that your big boy is back and all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I have been following your blog for some time and have never commented until now. I am really hoping you will continue to blog! I'm sure your other readers would agree that we miss your blog posts and all the cool DIY tutorials! It is refreshing to see a young couple with your morals and a kind of love that everyone dreams of. I hope Bandit will find his way home soon and I hope you will enter blogland soon too!:) Best regards, Jena

    ReplyDelete