Thursday, July 29, 2010

"All the Blocks in Paris Look Like Pizza Slices..."

Ordy is making fun of me because that's all I say... and I say it a lot haha. But really, they do!

Pizza Slice Blocks
We took the Metro down to the Champs Elysees tonight and decided to go to the top of the Arc de Triomph. We planned on going the first night we were here, but it was overcast and I figured it wouldn't be worth the $20 if I couldn't even get a good quality picture... Best decision ever because tonight was incredible! We got there around 8 and decided since it didn't get dark until 10:30'ish we should have dinner and then make our way to the top. So we went to an Italian restaurant called Ziti, and it was delish (mine was at least)! Ordy ordered some kind of linguine with calamari and ummm...it looked interesting. And when I say interesting, I mean so gross I couldn't look at it while eating... hahaha

Ordy's Meal... Yikes
We have (Ordy has) come across the most incredible ice cream flavor EVER here, banoffee! It's Haagen Daas and hopefully America has some. Wait, no... hopefully we DON'T have the flavor, because I plan on detoxing and following a strict diet + P90x the minute I get back!! Anyhow it's incredible. Banana + Coffee and Caramel Swirls. Mmmm.

We rushed as fast as we could to the Arc because we were worried it was getting dark and we wanted to catch the sunrise. We got to the Arc and noticed a long line and were so bummed that we would have to wait in it and possibly miss the pretty view. Then randomly, two girls walked up to us and said they had just purchased tickets but had to go, and wanted to know if we wanted theirs for 5 euros instead of 9 each. They seemed honest, and we went ahead and gave them 10 euros for 2 tickets... I was kind of nervous there was a catch, but Ordy felt confident it was 'legit'... and it was :) We got in for basically half the price AND we didn't have to stand in the long line!!! We took our tickets and walked straight into the Arc to make our way to the top.

The Arc de Triomph at sunset
We quickly had to pay for the calories we consumed... we climbed the 284 stairs to the top of the Arc and oh.em.gee. I have never in my life felt so out of shape! Shame on me for being 24 and praying for a resting area nearby! I was out of breath when we got to the top and my thighs were burning! I thought the end was never in sight. When we got to the top the view was SO beautiful it was worth every step. The sun was setting right then and the sky was the most beautiful shade of orange (and purple, and pink, and blue)!!

Unreal! Our View after the stairmaster workout
Ordy Boy at the top

Me and my crazy hair. yuck.

The Eiffel Tower all Sparkly!

Champs Elysees (Pizza Slices...)
I had an amazing night tonight and am so excited to be able to enjoy Paris in the summertime. The nights have been a little chilly here, but a light jacket is really all you need. Tonight was 68 degrees and so nice. Well, I'm headed off to bed, we have a long travel day tomorrow! We're taking the train to London to visit my family in Brighton for the weekend. I'm so excited!! I will update the blog if I have internet service, if not I'll just update on Sunday night when we're back in Paris :) 

6 comments:

  1. haha you're way too kind! I still haven't found the right setting for no flash and i'm not still enough (without a tripod) so they're more shaky and blurry than i'd like- but they look good when they're small! it'll do :) and honestly when the subject is Paris, any pic is a good pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super pics & love your pizza slice observation. and i don't think your hair looks yuck at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are amazing. I bet it does not even compare to seeing it in person. I love the pizza analogy...haha...looks to be true. Last but not least, you look great. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I love reading your posts! I wish I had done this last summer in Italy! I'm sure you are really enjoying your summer, Lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to show Ordy everyone who agrees with the pizza slice concept ;)

    It really is just the subject- i bet you a disposable would even have great pics! but i am so so so thankful i got my camera in time for this trip so i can have great quality photos that will last .

    Thanks for reading guys! And Candra, you're way too nice, my hair was freaking me out that night. I would walk fast past reflections haha and made sure there were minimal pics taken of me! But I appreciate the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete