Thursday, July 22, 2010

Holy Smokes!

Ok, I think EVERYONE here smokes! I have never been surrounded by constant clouds of smoke- it's ridiculous! I can't get away! I come to the hotel after ONE hour and my hair smells like I've been out clubbing. It stinks. Literally. I seriously hate to vent about it, but hours later it's 11p.m. and I can't get the smell out of my throat/nostrils. Sucks really. Anyway, other than THAT... today was another day of waiting til Ordy got off work. I walked around the nearby shops... H&M, Zara, MANGO, etc... and stumbled across this hugggeeee place called Printemps...



Boy, was my dad hiding a treat! (And I totally know why)! This place was 5 stories of just name brand goodness. One floor was Burberry, Chanel, Dior, D&G, Gucci, another was Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Rolex, etc. The top floor- was an ENTIRE floor of just shoes. Jimmy Choo, Badgley Mischka, you name it they had it. And their huge "Soldes" (sale) was going on- lucky me. (Unlucky me for being broke). It took me over an hour to "brisk" through the shoes. I found adorable Tory Burch Flats for cheap, but they weren't my size- of course. I'm holding out for these Chanels... *Drool*



Back to reality... Our area is adorable, it's right by the Madeleine:





which is massive in person...



I enjoyed a day of sightseeing and lunch (don't know why the pic refuses to rotate) until Ordy Boy got back around 6:30 and we went venturing again for the evening.







After walking up and down the nearby roads, we saw an adorable Italian restaurant with a patio we couldn't pass up and decided to have dinner there. We both had pizza (surprise, surprise), and enjoyed the cool evening.





I can't even begin to explain the weather, absolutely PERFECT! We walked back to the hotel and passed an Erykah Badu concert right by our hotel. It didn't get dark until 10:40 p.m. it was fantastic to have so much daylight left after Ordy gets off work.







All in all, today was one of our most laid back days with no real agenda, and you won't find me complaining :)

No comments:

Post a Comment