Saturday, November 27, 2010

Meet Stella...

Stella, {the newest member of our family} used to be ugly, tacky, gaudy, and just plain awful. She is now refreshing, bright, cheery, and delightful. {and fantastic, and beautiful, and awesome, etc}. She got her name because she is quite simply stellar. And I couldn't name her stellar, so i named her stella. she. is. incredible.

When I adopted her, she was a sad thing but had tons of potential. TONS.



I couldn't sleep for days {if i'm lyin', i'm dyin'!) because I was SO excited to see Stella's transformation. It was too late the first day I bought her, then the next 2 days it rained, then the 4th day I had to go to class all day {bummer}, so it was a lot of waiting. I hate waiting for projects!

Ordy Boy, being the sweetheart that he is, totally knowing his Joon Bug and her antsy-ness, started the project without even being asked. We discussed color options and of COURSE I wanted white, but he made encouraged me to go a little crazy. I was hesitant but i'm so happy with the color now!!

I had a choice of three different Krylon yellows, but ultimately went with the "Bright Idea" and I am super happy I did!  It. is. perfect.





he sent me these pictures while i was in class, and my responses to his texts where less than enthusiastic. I was notttt feeling the color. I regretted my decision and felt too bad to tell him to go white. plus i didn't know if it was even possible after his 5 coats of yellow and shine... ugh. regret.

BUT THEN I SAW HER IN PERSON. she was the most BEAUTIFUL shade of sunshine yellow! I was ecstatic. I couldn't wait to take her home and hang her up! Alright, here she is in her new home!






she is so me!!






DIY Club

14 comments:

  1. Love her!

    And I'm glad I'm not the only one that names inanimate household items. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I can't stop staring at her! it makes getting dressed ssooo much more fun!!! and yes, i have a habit of naming everything i own (i even name pimples, eewwww gross what is wrong with me?!?!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. "if i'm lyin' I'm duin'"

    I LOVE IT!! hahaha.... I LOVE the mirror! So glad it's yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that does look perf. and so good next to the drapes

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT! :D JEALOUS! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you'll be more jealous when u find out where i scooped her up from... so i won't tell! haha jk it's not THAT cheap so don't worry, but i did get her at a thrift store!i lovvveeee her and true story i'm in bed with the lights off just re-reading the blog to see pics...again! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila I LOVE HER! It's so stinkin cute! And the yellow is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Umm hello gorgeous! I love that mirror! The color is beautiful and you took it from poor pitiful brassy thing to gorgeous intellectual focal point. Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stella is GORG!! What a sweetie to paint it for you! He's a keeper!! Just found your blog from The Lettered Cottage - LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much!!! hope you enjoy catching up on posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great punch of color. I adore a pop of yellow like that. It looks perfect!
    Holly
    504 Main
    DIY Club

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am featuring you today over at itssoverycheri.com

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's gorgeous!!! Have you seen Honey We're Home's office...I think you guys have twin drape fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have! A lot of people mentioned it and I put it in my other post here: http://t.co/wGtlBtF I gave her a little shout out but I doubt shell ever see it ha!

    ReplyDelete