Monday, January 7, 2013

Zucchini Boats

After my last post, I have been more proactive in seeking healthy recipes to enjoy. Enjoy. Hm. That's funny. Before, when I was eating healthy for weight loss reasons, it was more of a daunting task that didn't matter whether I liked or not. Now, I am going out of my way to make my meals taste delicious. I am tired of the typical chicken and veggies dinner. I have been posting some pictures of these meals on my instagram and have been asked over and over for detailed instructions. I figured I should probably blog about them so I have them in my online "rolodex" to refer back to since I often forget a recipe that worked (since I just wing it most of the time).

Anyhow, they say never go grocery shopping starving. It's so true. Today, I was beyond starving. I was hangry AND sick. It is truly beyond me how I still am feeling under the weather 2 weeks in. Between the flu and D's ear infection- this house has def seen better days. I digress.

I was starving and sick and annoyed that I was even out of my bed. I was annoyed my fridge was empty and even more annoyed  that my sister won't be my personal chef. To add to the annoyance, I was at Publix and not even armed with a single recipe to work off of. So, I got desperate. I rushed hastily around the perimeter of the store getting what I thought might make a good meal. I was right. Here's what I came up with.


Please note: I am not a chef and this is not a cooking blog. I apologize for the lack of "oooh ahhh" amazing pictures.. you will have to do with my phone pics! The only reason I even HAVE the pictures was because I had to prove I was cooking and had sent these to my sister!



ignore my awesome manicure. or lack thereof. and the emergen C shot. It was a text pic to prove to my sister I was taking care of myself haha she can't help but mother me. 




Let me know if you try them and how it works! Also, feel free to tweak the recipe, as I am no chef and these only turned out edible by the grace of God. 

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would post what went into these tasty pictures you posted last night on Instagram! Haha

    ReplyDelete