Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Because that's what I just did to my kitchen. I bleached, scrubbed, lysoled, washed, wiped, scrubbed some more, and organized. It all started when I almost gagged at the wet towels I accidentally left in my sink over the weekend causing the most awful stench ever. I started to clean the sink, and then i realized a spotless sink looked out of place in my hurricane mess of a kitchen... so I rolled up my sleeves and got to work...


The wet towels. this weekend i spent the entire weekend at Sher's to prepare for Kian's Birthday. well, that means from Thursday-Sunday i was away from my house. and somewhere in between then, the guest bathroom toilet was backed up with other people's sewage, leaking into my house. living room, dining room, laundry room- everywhere. my dad went to my house Saturday morning to grab something and told me the house reeked and that he thinks i left a toilet unflushed after i used it... thanks dad. i was embarrassed and thought it was impossible but thought maybe someone else did it (because i NEVER go in the guest bathroom)- so I was thinking ok, i had people over maybe it was one of them and the smell is just now coming out... well, Sunday after we left the auction {i'll talk about that later}, we stopped by my house since it was close by so i could grab an outfit change. i walk in and just about died when i stepped in a pool of sewage water in my living room. barf. and the worst part? it was the 3rd time this has happened.  HOW ANNOYING.


was being told by the emergency maintenance that i might have to spend $500 minimum if they determine it was my fault and not a building emergency. (as in, i shoved a towel down the toilet and it's clogging my pipe), it took about an hour for me to go back and forth debating to wait until Monday (when plumbing rates were cheaper - 'non emergency' in case i had to pay or to deem it an emergency and call the people out here).... well, i went downstairs {after i already cleaned and bleached all i could, with a full load of towels already in the wash} to notice that in one hour the water had already soaked up the "dam" i created with rows of towels and that it was back to the living room. Ok, i give up. i called the emergency maintenance line again and begged them to come immediately. the thought of someone else's semi-filtered poop was sickening me. I lifted up my bookshelf and rugs but whatever was touched has been trashed. yuck. i lit every candle and sprayed every fresh linen Glade spray i owned. when i didn't think that cut it- i finally lit a citronella OFF! snake coil. those things smell so strong. i'd rather have my living room smell like a camping trip then a port-o-potty from music midtown {remember those?}

Please IMAGINE what this would smell like...







The plumber said it wasn't my fault and it was a "soft clog" 10 feet in the unit. soft clog meaning another tampon. our pipes are really old and as many emails as we get from the property manager, women keep flushing them... i understand that 90% of women do without thinking twice, but when you get an email saying that it causes back up (and sewage potentially released in your living room) you'd think they'd listen??? guess not. because 3/3 times it has been my unit... guess they don't care as long as it passes through their pipe!! oh well. what can you do?

I also finally cleaned my fridge/freezer!!! I opened the freezer up yesterday and had a true effmylife moment if there ever was one- and realized that i never cleaned up the entire nutella milk shake that spilled from last tuesday... yep. crusted, dried, sticky, ooey chocolatey goodness nastiness all over my freezer and food in there....


 after i cleaned the freezer, i figured i owed it to my sister to quit deceiving her and her baby girl every time she comes over thinking i have a fridge full of {edible} stuff. I had stuff in there that expired in may '09...no lie....

all the expired stuff. some most unopened... 

haha that's more like it.
nothing but liquids and eggs. omg, bachelor house or what??? i need to take care of this...pronto...

Finishing the "core cleaning" bug tomorrow with a second round of bleach/lysol/scrub in the living room. i might even get to upstairs if i start soon enough! i'm off to catch up on some sleep for now! i'll write about the auction tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment